Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Share It With the Class.

This week's blog will focus primarily on the viewpoints of my fellow classmates, as opposed to my own. I have chosen two blogs in particular that I believe are the most relevant to mine.  Each of these blogs discuss the two main components that make up my blog: Entertainment PR and Social Media. The first blog that I have chosen talks about the entertainment industry and how celebrities are often chosen to market products for companies in order for that product to gain recognition.  The second blog discusses the importance of social media to gain feedback from clients and to provide a channel of communication between companies and their audiences. I felt that both of these blogs were extremely interesting, so I will now share them with you.


The first blog that I came across was Steph's blog, which focuses on the simple fact that society craves information about the lives of the rich and famous.  Celebrities are all over the media and we can't help but wonder what they are doing next. Steph mentions how celebrities are often used for product advertising to "improve upon [a] company's sales results."  The quote that she shared from the University of South Alabama was, in my opinion, 100 percent true.  I thought that this topic shared almost exactly the same beliefs as mine and what I was trying to get across to my readers.  In my most recent blog post, I talked about how celebrities are more likely to sell products as opposed to the average Jane. People love to see a familiar face in an advertisement so they can feel a sense of connection with them and, in turn, trust them to buy the product they are marketing.


The next blog that I will share is Kevin's blog because he discusses how social media has become such a prominent way to connect businesses with their public.  Kevin mentions how social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, provide a means of communication between PR practitioners and their target audiences. These types of websites provide such an easy way to receive feedback. What I liked about Kevin's blog was that it related to mine, in a sense. We both discussed the importance of social media and how it is becoming increasingly popular in today's society. It can be extremely beneficial for almost anyone to stay connected with certain clients, PR professionals, or even the media. The only problem that might exist is if you don't know how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment