Tuesday, November 16, 2010

That's All For Now.

As I come to my last and final blog post of the semester (I know - so sad!), I will leave you with a few posts from my peers that I found interesting.  First and foremost, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to read what's on my mind and I hope I have enlightened your thinking about the field of public relations, especially in the social media and entertainment worlds.


The first blogger that I will discuss is Alyssa and her post on companies using surveys to provide feedback.  I totally agree with her when she mentions how fast food companies, in particular, make it extremely easy for customers to provide their feedback by using the Internet.  The Internet is becoming a very commonly used tool when it comes to public relations (as you can see from my social media blog), especially with surveys.  I am aware that some companies like to provide incentive for their customers to take the time to fill out a survey.  However, I found it interesting to learn that some fast food companies will actually offer free food! Does anybody need an extra opinion from me?! Sign me up!


As I digress...Another peer of mine who's blog caught my eye was Katerina. Her blog focused on social media, as well as mine, so I found this even more interesting to read.  Katerina discusses how she believes that an experiment should be done to find out if using social media would create more publicity and positive results for businesses.  I, personally, believe this should be done because businesses that are not already using social media to their advantage are most likely missing out! From experience, I have noticed that businesses who promote themselves via Twitter, Facebook, etc. have gotten more attention than those who prefer to remain quiet.  Are they "too good" for the Internet? Understandably, the "mom and pop" type will probably remain on the DL, but as for the big-name companies, I highly suggest you jump on the social media bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment